You will receive a 4% cash discount off our list price when you use a personal check, money order, cashiers check, or bank wire to pay for your order, and a 3% bitcoin discount off our list price when you pay for your order using Bitcoin. When you pay with your credit card or Paypal account you will receive our industry leading list price.
Orders of $99 or more ship FREE anywhere inside the domestic U.S. If your subtotal is less than $99, you’ll pay just $5.95 for shipping, still the best rate in the industry!
For more information about shipping prices and policies, please visit the Provident Metals Help Center.
Postal Gold Coins are a great, AFFORDABLE way to own gold at ONLY $15.95 Over Spot Per Ounce!
These US Postal Gold Coins contain 1 Troy Ounce of Pure Gold Mixed with Copper to add durability! Designs of our Choice.
Produced at West Point from 1980 to 1984, the United States Mint issued a series of 1 Oz American Arts Commemorative Gold Medallions, honoring the nation’s most accomplished musicians, painters, authors, architects and actors.
Created to compete with the success of South African Gold Krugerrands, each medallion contains One Troy Ounce of Gold, mixed with copper for durability. The medallions were released alongside their ½ Oz gold counterparts.
The obverse of each 1 Oz Commemorative Arts Gold Coin bears a portrait of the American artist celebrated that year. It is inscribed with the words HUMAN RIGHTS and ONE OUNCE FINE GOLD. For the first two years of issue, the medallions were not inscribed with their metal content or nation of origin, to differentiate them from federal coins.
Obverse by year:
- 1980 Grant Wood—Painter who portrayed the Midwest. Works include American Gothic.
- 1981 Mark Twain—Beloved author and humorist whose novels include The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
- 1982 Louis Armstrong—Influential 1920s jazz musician from New Orleans.
- 1983 Robert Frost—Colloquial poet and winner of four Pulitzer Prizes.
- 1984 Helen Hayes—American actress, one of only 11 people to win the elusive EGOT: Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.
The reverse of each medallion features a design related to the artist celebrated that year.
Reverse by year:
- 1980 Painting, American Gothic
- 1981 A steamboat motif
- 1982 Trumpet with music notes
- 1983 Excerpt from The Road Not Taken
- 1984 Comedy and drama masks
Available for only $15 over spot per ounce, 1 Oz Commemorative Arts Postal Gold Medallions are available through Provident Metals’ convenient website. Dates and designs are of our choice. Use our secure online ordering system and your coins will arrive in just days.
|Availability||Out of Stock|
|Gold Content||1 troy oz|
|Grade Designation||Mint State|
|Mint||U.S. Mint- Philadelphia|