Composed of 1 troy ounce of .999 pure silver, the 1994 Australian Kookaburra is a simple and affordable way to invest in precious metal — and it’s eligible for contribution in your self-directed IRA.
Each 1 oz Silver Kookaburra arrives in brilliant uncirculated condition, housed in a plastic capsule for long-term storage and protection. Since 1990, the Perth Mint has released the Silver Kookaburra coin annually. Each installment features a new design, available in various sizes, from one ounce to one kilo.
The reverse of each 1994 1 oz Silver Kookaburra features two of the birds sitting shoulder-to-shoulder on a tree branch. It is inscribed with the words “THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA,” “1 OZ .999 SILVER,” “1994.”
The obverse of each coin features Raphael Maklouf’s Queen Elizabeth II design, and it is inscribed with the coin’s denomination of one dollar.
About the Perth Mint
The Perth Mint was founded in 1899 after gold was discovered in local Australian deposits. The newly-established mint struck gold and silver sovereigns until Great Britain abandoned the gold standard in 1931.
The mint remained under British ownership until July of 1970, when it ceded to the state government of Western Australia. Today, the Perth Mint produces nearly all of the nation’s legal tender bullion coins in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
1994: A Year in History
– January 1 – The North American Free Trade Agreement, known as NAFTA, was established.
– January 6 – Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed on the right leg by an unknown assailant. The assault was ordered by Tonya Harding’s ex-husband.
– January 21 – Men everywhere cringed when Lorena Bobbitt was found not guilty by reason of insanity for mutilating her husband, John.
– March 12 – The Church of England began to ordain female priests.
– March 16 – Tonya Harding plead guilty to covering-up the attack on Nancy Kerrigan.
– March 21 – Spielberg’s film Schindler’s List, won Best Picture, Best Director and five other titles at the 66th Annual Academy Awards.
– April 7 – The Rwandan Genocide began in Kigali. Over the next 100 days, more than 500,000 people were brutally slaughtered.
– April 8 – Kurt Cobain, grunge rocker and lead singer of the band Nirvana, was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
– May 10 – Nelson Mandela was inaugurated as the first black president in South African history.
– June 12 – Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered outside Simpson’s home in Los Angeles, Calif.
– June 17 – O.J. Simpson and Al Cowlings fled from police in Simpson’s white Ford Bronco, while the entire world watched, glued to their television screens.
– November 5 – Former President Ronald Reagan announced he had Alzheimer’s disease.
– November 28 – Serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was beaten to death by a fellow inmate while serving a life sentence in the Columbia Correctional Institution of Wisconsin.
Own a piece of world history. Purchase 1994 1 oz Silver Kookaburras from Provident Metals today. Use our secure online ordering system and your silver will arrive in just days.
When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $99 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $99 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $99, a $3.99 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.
Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.
All orders of $99 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.
For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.
Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.
|Metal Content||1 troy oz|
|Metals Purity||.999 Fine Silver|