Composed of 1 troy ounce of .999 pure silver, the 2002 Australian Kookaburra is a simple and affordable way to invest in precious metal — and it’s eligible for contribution in your self-directed IRA.
Each 1 oz Silver Kookaburra arrives in brilliant uncirculated condition, housed in a plastic capsule for long-term storage and protection.
Since 1990, the Perth Mint has released the Silver Kookaburra annually. Each installment features a new design, available in various sizes, from one ounce to one kilo.
The reverse of each 2002 1 oz Silver Kookaburra features one of the bird’s flying above Australia, designed by Jovan Radanovich. It is inscribed with the words “THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA 2002, 1 OZ .999 SILVER.”
The obverse of each Silver Kookaburra features Ian Rank-Broadley’s Queen Elizabeth II design, and it is inscribed with the coin’s denomination of one dollar.
2002: A Year in History
– January 1 – Euro coins and notes were introduced across Europe: Italy, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Spain, Ireland, Greece, the Netherlands, Finland, Portugal and Luxembourg.
– January 16 – The UN Security Council put an arms embargo in place, freezing all of the assets belonging to Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
– January 23 – Daniel Pearl, a journalist from the Wall Street Journal, was kidnapped in Pakistan. He was brutally murdered on February 1.
– February 8 – February 24 – The 2002 Winter Olympics took place in Salt Lake City, Utah.
– March 12 – Andrea Yates was found guilty of drowning her five children the previous year. Soon after, she was given a life sentence in prison.
– July 21 – WorldCom, the telecommunications conglomerate, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy — the biggest filing in US history.
– September 10 – Switzerland joined the United Nations.
– November 25 – President George W. Bush signed the Homeland Security Act into law.
About the Perth Mint
The Perth Mint was founded in 1899 after gold was discovered in local Australian deposits. The newly-established mint struck gold and silver sovereigns until Great Britain abandoned the gold standard in 1931.
The mint remained under British ownership until July of 1970, when it ceded to the state government of Western Australia. Today, the Perth Mint produces nearly all of the nation’s legal tender bullion coins in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Protect your family’s wealth. Purchase 2002 1 oz Silver Kookaburras from Provident Metals today. Use our secure online ordering system and your bullion will arrive in just days.
When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $199 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $199 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $199, a $7.99 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.
Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.
All orders of $199 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.
For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.
Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.
|Metal Content||1 troy oz|
|Metals Purity||.999 Fine Silver|