1913.58
13.63
23.97
0.33
907.48
0.56
2384.13
5.98
10/01/2020 06:32:26 PM
(800)313-3315
  • logo

2019 South African Krugerrand 1/2 oz Gold Coin BU

Out of Stock
Sorry! We're sold out right now.
NOTIFY ME

Pricing

Quantity
1-9 $1,036.88 $1,047.68 $1,080.08
10-19 $1,031.88 $1,042.63 $1,074.87
20+ $1,026.88 $1,037.58 $1,069.67
BUY BACK PRICE: Call Us

Available as low as $69.99 per coin over spot!

The South African Krugerrand coins from the South African Mint and Rand Refinery are by far the most iconic gold coins in world history. The series was the first bullion coin collection aimed at private investors. Introduced in 1967 with 1 oz gold, the series grew to feature fractional-ounce coins in 1980. Provident Metals currently offers 2019 South African Krugerrand 1/2 oz Gold Coins for purchase.

History

  • Arrives with a protective plastic flip or a mint tube of 15 coins!
  • 53rd issue of Krugerrand coins and the 30th release of the 1/2 oz gold coin!
  • Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
  • On the obverse is a portrait of Paul Kruger.
  • The reverse includes the Springbok antelope.

When you purchase 2019 South African Krugerrand 1/2 oz Gold Coins in this listing, each one you receive comes in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The coins are housed individually inside of protective plastic flips or in multiples of 15 coins with mint tubes.

Obverse

On the obverse face of 2019 South African Krugerrand 1/2 oz Gold Coins is a depiction of Paul Kruger. Known to South Africans as Oom Paul, or Uncle Paul in English, he was a leading Boer during the First Boer War against Britain and initially led the fledgling South African Republic first as a member of a triumvirate, and later as its elected president.

Reverse

The reverse side of 2019 South African 1/2 oz Gold Coins comes with the design of the Springbok antelope. The official national symbol of South Africa, the springbok species is native to the open plains and grasslands of the southern portions of the African continent.

History

South African Krugerrand 1/2 oz Gold Coins feature 91.67% gold content by weight, with the remainder of the metallic content made up of 8.33% copper. By 1980, the South African Krugerrand was so popular it constituted 90% of the world bullion coin market. That same year, the South African Mint responded to demand for the coins by introducing these 1/2 oz gold coins along with a 1/4 oz and 1/10 oz gold coin.

Ordering

All South African Krugerrand Gold Coins are produced by the South African Mint and the Rand Refinery.

Provident Metals asks that you reach out to us with any questions. You can call us at 800-313-3315, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.

How Does Free Shipping Work?

When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $199 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $199 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $199, a $7.99 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.

When will my order ship?

Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.

Can I choose the method of shipping?

All orders of $199 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.

Will I need to sign for my package?

For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.

What about International Orders?

Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.

Reviews
0 Review(s)
Please or to write a review.

Product Details

Year 2019
Mint Mark Not Shown
Metals Purity .9167
Producer South African Mint
Thickness 2.2 mm
Diameter 27 mm
Inner Pack 15
Condition Brilliant Uncirculated
Country South Africa
Designer (Obverse) Otto Schultz
Designer (Reverse) Coert Steynberg
Edge Style Reeded
Product Series South African Krugerrand
Certificate of Authenticity No
Capsule Size 27 mm
Packaging Plastic Flip
Packaging Dimensions 1.06x1.06x0.085
Metal Content .5 Troy Ounce
Shipping Orders over $199 Ship Free
Provident ID 2574799