You will receive a 4% cash discount off our list price when you use a personal check, money order, cashiers check, or bank wire to pay for your order, and a 3% bitcoin discount off our list price when you pay for your order using Bitcoin. When you pay with your credit card or Paypal account you will receive our industry leading list price.
Orders of $99 or more ship FREE anywhere inside the domestic U.S. If your subtotal is less than $99, you’ll pay just $5.95 for shipping, still the best rate in the industry!
For more information about shipping prices and policies, please visit the Provident Metals Help Center.
Each $20 Canadian Silver Proof Coin contains 92.5% pure silver and has an actual silver weight of 1.0143 troy ounce! These coins were issued between 1985 and 1987 to commemorate the 1988 Winter Olympic Games in Calgary, Alberta. All coins will arrive in the original Canadian Royal Mint Plastic capsules. Dates and designs of our choice.
Issued from 1985 to 1987 in commemoration of the events held at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, each $20 Canadian Silver Proof Coin is composed of 1.0143 troy ounces of .925 pure silver.
Dates and designs are of our choice, and each coin will arrive in its original Canadian Royal Mint plastic capsule.
Background: Canadian 1988 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins
In 1985, the Canadian government began releasing a 10-coin set, aimed at financing and celebrating the XV Olympic Winter Games. Featuring a face value of $20 — never before used on Canadian coinage — the coins were struck in a beautiful proof finish.
Sold in partnership with the Royal Bank of Canada, mintage was limited to 5,000,000. Each coin features edge lettering, which reads “XV OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES, JEUX D'OLYMPIQUES D'HIVER.” The obverse of the 1 oz silver proof coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
List of $20 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins
- 1985/First Series: Downhill skiing design by Ian Stewart with 406,360 minted.- 1985/First Series: Speed skating design by Friedrich Peter with 354,222 minted.
- 1986/Second Series: Hockey design by Ian Stewart with 396,602 minted.- 1986/Second Series: Biathlon design by John Mardon with 308,086 minted.
- 1986/Third Series: Cross country skiing design by Ian Stewart with 303,199 minted.- 1986/Third Series: Freestyle skiing design by Walter Ott with 294,322 minted.
- 1986/Fourth Series: Figure skating design by Raymond Taylor with 334,875 minted. - 1986/Fourth Series: Curling design by Walter Ott with 286,457 minted.
- 1987/Fifth Series: Ski-jumping design by Raymond Taylor with 290,954 minted.- 1987/Fifth Series: Bobsleigh design by John Mardon with 274,376 minted.
An affordable way to invest in precious metal, purchase Canadian $20 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins from Provident Metals today. Use our secure online ordering system to take advantage of the most timely, affordable shipping on the market.
|Composition||.925 Sterling Silver|
|Silver Content||Larger than 1|
|Availability||Out of Stock|