Issued from 1985 to 1987 in commemoration of the events held at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary, each $20 Canadian Silver Proof Coin is composed of 1.0143 troy ounces of .925 pure silver.
Dates and designs are of our choice, and each coin will arrive in its original Canadian Royal Mint plastic capsule.
Background: Canadian 1988 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins
In 1985, the Canadian government began releasing a 10-coin set, aimed at financing and celebrating the XV Olympic Winter Games. Featuring a face value of $20 — never before used on Canadian coinage — the coins were struck in a beautiful proof finish.
Sold in partnership with the Royal Bank of Canada, mintage was limited to 5,000,000. Each coin features edge lettering, which reads “XV OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES, JEUX D’OLYMPIQUES D’HIVER.” The obverse of the 1 oz silver proof coin features the profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
List of $20 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins
– 1985/First Series: Downhill skiing design by Ian Stewart with 406,360 minted.
– 1985/First Series: Speed skating design by Friedrich Peter with 354,222 minted.
– 1986/Second Series: Hockey design by Ian Stewart with 396,602 minted.
– 1986/Second Series: Biathlon design by John Mardon with 308,086 minted.
– 1986/Third Series: Cross country skiing design by Ian Stewart with 303,199 minted.
– 1986/Third Series: Freestyle skiing design by Walter Ott with 294,322 minted.
– 1986/Fourth Series: Figure skating design by Raymond Taylor with 334,875 minted.
– 1986/Fourth Series: Curling design by Walter Ott with 286,457 minted.
– 1987/Fifth Series: Ski-jumping design by Raymond Taylor with 290,954 minted.
– 1987/Fifth Series: Bobsleigh design by John Mardon with 274,376 minted.
An affordable way to invest in precious metal, purchase Canadian $20 Olympic 1 Oz Silver Proof Coins from Provident Metals today. Use our secure online ordering system to take advantage of the most timely, affordable shipping on the market.
When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $99 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $99 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $99, a $3.99 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.
Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.
All orders of $99 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.
For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.
Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.
|Metal Content||Larger than 1|
|Metals Purity||.925 Sterling Silver|