Prior to 1964, all circulation US silver coins had 90% silver content included in the metallic composition. The last two coins to defy the switch to the cupro-nickel alloy now used in all circulation US currency were the Kennedy Half Dollar and the Eisenhower Silver Dollars. Right now, you can get 40% Eisenhower Silver Dollars in BU or Proof from Provident Metals.
Your 40% Eisenhower Silver Dollar Coin ships in various packaging. Coins in this product listing are available from the proof range of Eisenhower Silver Dollars. The coins contain 40% silver content with the remainder of the metallic content made up of 60% copper. Please bear in mind that 40% Silver Eisenhower Dollars were only issued in BU and Proof from 1971 to 1974 and with the Bicentennial design in 1975 and 1976. No 40% silver coins were issued for circulation and none were released after 1976.
On the obverse side of 40% Eisenhower Silver Dollars is a depiction of President Dwight D. Eisenhower. One of the most influential Americans of the 20th century, Eisenhower made a name for himself as the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe who famously coordinated and led the Allied landings in Normandy, France on D-Day. The bust of Eisenhower on the obverse of the coins depicts him from his time in office as President of the United States of America and was created by Frank Gasparro.
The reverse face of 40% Eisenhower Silver Dollars includes an image of the American bald eagle inspired by the mission patch worn by the NASA astronauts in the Apollo 11 mission. The design includes an American bald eagle landing on the moon with an olive branch and Earth visible in the background field.
The move to put President Eisenhower on the face of a coin began following his death in March 1969. The US Mint issued two versions of the Eisenhower Dollar. The circulation coins were struck with 91.67% copper and contained 8.33% nickel, while collectible versions of the coin featured the 40% silver content. The 1971 release of the Eisenhower Silver Dollar was the first silver dollar coin issued by the United States Mint since the 1935 conclusion of the Peace Silver Dollar Series.
All Eisenhower Silver Dollars were produced by the United States Mint at the Denver Mint, San Francisco Mint, and Philadelphia Mint. The Philadelphia specimens have no mint mark, but you can find a D or S for the other two beneath the bust of Eisenhower on the obverse.
If you have questions, weve got answers. Provident Metals is available to you at 800-313-3315, online using our live chat, and via our email address.
When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $199 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $199 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $199, a $9.95 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.
Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.
All orders of $199 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.
For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.
Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.
|Metal Content||.3161 Troy Ounce|
|Mint Mark||Not Shown|
|Condition||Brilliant Uncirculated or Proof|
|Designer (Obverse)||Frank Gasparro|
|Designer (Reverse)||Frank Gasparro|
|Certificate of Authenticity||No|
|Shipping||Orders over $199 Ship Free|