The front (obverse) of the Arches National Park silver coin features a restored version of the George Washington portrait by John Flanagan that is characteristic of United States Quarters.
This area of Utah has seen its share of inhabitants for centuries, but it was not until the region was settled by ranchers and prospectors in the 1880s that word of the beautiful rock formations here spread. The land was soon attracting its own set of visitors hoping to see the arches.
A man named Frank A. Wadleigh was shown the arches by a prospector living in the area and was very impressed with what he saw. He soon took the idea to the Park Service to create a national monument, and was named as one on April 12, 1929.
Today, the area is known as Arches National Park and consists of 76,679 acres of desert land and sees roughly 1,400,000 visitors per year.
- Mint: U.S. Mint (West Point)
- Type: Bullion (Investment)
- Mintage: Minted in 2014 with 50,434 uncirculated coins
- Silver Content: 0.999 fine silver
- Diameter: 76.2 mm in diameter (3 in.)
- Thickness: 3.25 mm in thickness (0.128 in.)
- Weight: 5 troy ounces (155.5g)
- Face Value: $0.25
- Coin Highlights:
- This coin, and all America the Beautiful bullion coins, contains .999 fine silver
- Coin quality is guaranteed by the U.S. Mint
- The coin's final design was selected from among several design options.
- The Arches National Park coin is the 23rd released coin in the series
- The final design was chosen by the U.S. Treasury Secretary.
The non-circulated silver bullion version of the Arches National Park coin contains 0.999 fine silver, which makes its true value far supersede its $0.25 denomination. This makes it a great option for collectors or investors who are looking for a high quality, unique piece.
The America the Beautiful quarters series is also popular for casual collectors since they are readily available from Provident Metals.
Few mints, sovereign or private, have the same reputation for quality bullion as the United States Mint. If you would like to add broadly recognizable silver bullion whose composition and weight are guaranteed by the US government, then the America the Beautiful coin series is just what you have been looking for!