America the Beautiful Coins at Provident Metals
The US Mint is known for its annual releases of coinage such as the American Eagle Silver Series, and the American Buffalo Series. However, they also have released unique coin programs over the years. Among the most popular is their America the Beautiful Series. Learn more about the iconic collection, right here at Provident Metals.
Background on the Overall Series
In 1997, the US Mint created a 50 State Quarters program. These coins were first released in 1999 and featured a unique reverse design for each state. The success and popularity of this led to the US Mint adding US Territories and Washington DC to the overall collection. This led to the 2008 creation of the America the Beautiful Series. The ATB Series has a similar concept but for bullion coinage.
The America the Beautiful Series is a collection of 5 oz silver coins with a .999 pure silver purity. Coins were struck in both bullion and uncirculated versions. In total, 56 locations were selected with 5 unique ones being released every year, and one final one in 2021.
Coins in this program feature the left-profile effigy of George Washington on the obverse. This image was refined in 1932 by John Flanagan. Each reverse design is a unique site, preserve, or park.
Designs were chosen through a collaborative effort between the US Mint, the chief executive of each jurisdiction, the Secretary of the Interior, and the Secretary of the Treasury. The governor of each state submitted four locations, in order of preference. The Secretary of the Treasury then determined the appropriate location based on a number of factors.
2010 ATB Silver Coins
- Arkansas: Hot Spring National Park – released on April 19, 2010.
- Wyoming: Yellowstone National Park – released on June 1, 2010.
- California: Yosemite National Park – released on July 26, 2010.
- Arizona: Grand Canyon National Park – released on September 20, 2010.
- Oregon: Mount Hood National Forest – released on November 15, 2010.
2011 ATB Silver Coins
- Pennsylvania: Gettysburg National Military Park – released on January 24, 2011.
- Montana: Glacier National Park – released on April 4, 2011.
- Washington: Olympic National Park – released on June 13, 2011.
- Mississippi: Vicksburg National Military Park – released on August 29, 2011.
- Oklahoma: Chickasaw National Recreation Area – released on November 14, 2011.
2012 ATB Silver Coins
- Puerto Rico: El Yunque National Forest – released on January 23, 2012.
- New Mexico: Chaco Culture National Historical Park – released on April 2, 2012.
- Maine: Acadia National Park – released on June 11, 2012.
- Hawaii: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – released on August 27, 2012.
- Alaska: Denali National Park – released on November 5, 2012.
2013 ATB Silver Coins
- New Hampshire: White Mountain National Forest – released on January 28, 2013.
- Ohio: Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial – released on April 1, 2013.
- Nevada: Great Basin National Park – released on June 10, 2013.
- Maryland: Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine – released on August 27, 2013.
- South Dakota: Mount Rushmore National Memorial – released on November 4, 2013.
2014 ATB Silver Coins
- Tennessee: Great Smoky Mountains National Memorial – released on January 27, 2014.
- Virginia: Shenandoah National Park – released on March 31, 2014.
- Utah: Arches National Park – released on June 9, 2014.
- Colorado: Great Sand Dunes National Park – released on August 25, 2014.
- Florida: Everglades National Park – released on November 3, 2014.
2015 ATB Silver Coins
- Nebraska: Homestead National Monument of America – released on February 9, 2015.
- Louisiana: Kisatchie National Forest – released on April 13, 2015.
- North Carolina: Blue Ridge Parkway – released on June 22, 2015.
- Delaware: Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge – released on September 14, 2015.
- New York: Saratoga National Historical Park – released on November 16, 2015.
2016 ATB Silver Coins
- Illinois: Shawnee National Forest- released on February 1, 2016.
- Kentucky: Cumberland Gap National Historical Park – released on April 4, 2016.
- West Virginia: Harpers Ferry National Historical Park – released on June 6, 2016.
- North Dakota: Theodore Roosevelt National Park – released on August 29, 2016.
- South Carolina: Fort Moultrie – released on November 14, 2016.
2017 ATB Silver Coins
- Iowa: Effigy Mounds National Monument – released on February 6, 2017.
- District of Columbia: Frederick Douglass National Historic Site – released on April 3, 2017.
- Missouri: Ozark National Scenic Riverways – released on June 5, 2017.
- New Jersey: Ellis Island – released on August 28, 2017.
- Indiana: George Rogers Clark National Historical Park – released on November 13, 2017.
2018 ATB Silver Coins
- Michigan: Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore – released on February 19, 2018.
- Wisconsin: Apostle Islands National Lakeshore – released on April 13, 2018.
- Minnesota: Voyageurs National Park – released on June 14, 2018.
- Georgia: Cumberland Island National Seashore – released on September 12, 2018.
- Rhode Island: Block Island National Wildlife Refuge – released on November 26, 2018.
2019 ATB Silver Coins
- Massachusetts: Lowell National Historical Park – released on February 7, 2019.
- Northern Mariana Islands: American Memorial Park – released on April 4, 2019.
- Guam: War in the Pacific National Historical Park – released on June 6, 2019.
- Texas: San Antonio Missions National Historical Park – released on August 29, 2019.
- Idaho: Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness – released on November 14, 2019.
2020 ATB Silver Coins
- American Samoa: National Park of American Samoa – released on February 6, 2020.
- Connecticut: Weir Farm National Historic Site – released on May 18, 2020.
- S. Virgin Islands: Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Reserve – released on September 18, 2020.
- Vermont: Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park- released on November 23, 2020.
- Kansas: Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve – released on December 7, 2020.
2021 ATB Silver Coins
- Alabama: Tuskegee Airman National Historic Site – released on April 8, 2021.
Investing in America the Beautiful Coins at Provident Metals
For any inquiries about these America the Beautiful Coins, or others, don’t hesitate to contact the Provident Metals customer service team. Our dedicated team can be reached via email, through our online chat feature, or by calling our toll-free number at 1-800-313-3315.