1 oz Gold Bars at Provident Metals
Gold bars are an incredibly popular option for those looking to diversify their investment portfolio. 1 oz bars are an incredibly popular option for investors and collectors due to their high purity, metal content, and unique designs and security features. With so many options to choose from, learn more about 1 oz Gold Bars right here at Provident Metals.
Types of 1 oz Gold Bars
There are 2 main types of gold bars, minted ingots and cast bars. Typically, 1 oz is the smallest size you would see for a cast bar. Minted ingots start as blanks which are pieces of metal with no design elements. These bars are then given inscriptions via a machine using thousands of pounds of pressure.
Cast bars on the other hand represent bars that were made by the earliest human civilizations. Gold is heated to its liquid form before being poured into a prefabricated mold. Once cooled, the gold is removed and stamped on one side with design elements. Due to how they’re made cast bars can differ from bar to bar.
Popular Producers of 1 oz Gold Bars
- Valcambi: This Switzerland-based mint and refiner is one of the top names in the industry for their innovative gold bars. Valcambi was founded in 1961 in Balerna, Switzerland where it remains currently. Valcambi specializes in creating unique gold and silver bars in an array of sizes.
- Italpreziosi: This Italian-based precious metals refiner was established in 1984 and recently gained LBMA Certification in 2018. They produce an array of gold and silver bullion products such as minted ingots, cast bars, and even nuggets.
- The Royal Canadian Mint: One of the most well-known mints in the world is the Royal Canadian Mint. While the RCM is known for its Maple Leaf coinage, they have a history of creating .9999 pure gold minted ingots and cast bars for the world.
- The Perth Mint: The Perth Mint is the oldest running mint in all of Australia as they were born in 1899. Like the Royal Canadian Mint, the Perth Mint is well-known for its annual bullion coin releases yet has a history of creating high-quality gold minted ingots as well.
- Credit Suisse: Even though they first opened their doors 150 years ago, Credit Suisse is still among the top precious metal refineries and financial institutions in the world today. Credit Suisse creates cast bars and minted ingots in various sizes.
- PAMP Suisse: Among the top names for gold bars is none other than PAMP Suisse. This Switzerland-based mint is incredibly popular due to its unique gold bar series and constantly pushing the envelope of what’s possible in the world of bullion.
- The Royal Mint: One of the oldest precious metal refiners in the world is The Royal Mint. The sovereign mint’s history can be traced back to over 1,100 years ago. While they’re primarily known for their Britannia series of coinage, they also create high-quality gold bars, usually depicting the iconic figure as well.
- Germania Mint: This Polish-based mint started as a numismatic store in 1986. They now create gold, silver, and copper products, specializing in 1 oz cast gold bars.
Common Designs of 1 oz Gold Bars
- CombiBar: This innovative product from Valcambi allows you to purchase a 1 oz gold bar, with the ability to break it off into tinier pieces. The 1 oz Gold CombiBar is a 1 oz bar that has preset lines allowing you to break it off into 10 1/10 oz pieces of gold without losing any metal content or purity.
- Kinbebar: This creation from Argor-Heraeus is one of the most interesting products on the market today. The kinegram embossing on the reverse creates a holograph effect that changes shape and colors depending on the angle at which you look.
- Dove of Peace: This design was first used by the ICMC and their trademark The Holy Land Mint. The design of a dove flying over the Old City walls of Jerusalem was the first design to be featured on an Israeli investment product.
- Fortuna: The iconic series from PAMP Suisse is one of the top options when purchasing gold bars due to the availability and diversity in the series. The bars are available in sizes from 1 gram to 1 kilogram. They also have Veriscan security features and are the first gold bars to have a carbon-neutral footprint.
- Britannia: The popular coin program from The Royal Mint is also a popular gold bullion bar series. These bars feature the striking image of Britannia on the obverse holding her shield and trident.
Purchasing 1 oz Gold Bars at Provident Metals
Give the Provident Metals team a call at 800-313-3315 with any questions you have when purchasing 1 oz Gold Bars. Our team can also be reached via email or through our online chat feature.