John Flanagan's classic portrait of George Washington prominently features on the obverse of this coin as it does for all U.S. quarters.
The Ozark National Scenic Riverways was first created by Congress in 1964 in order to provide preservation for the beautiful landscape and clear waters of the Jacks Fork and Current rivers. The park consists of around 80,000 acres and is primarily used for recreational purposes like kayaking, tubing and canoeing. The park sees over 1.3 million visitors annually.
- Mint: U.S. Mint (West Point)
- Type: Bullion (Investment)
- Mintage: Minted in 2017, final mintage to be determined
- Silver Content: 0.999 fine silver
- Diameter: 76.2 mm in diameter (3 in.)
- Thickness: 3.25 mm in thickness (0.128 in.)
- Weight: 5 troy ounces (155.5g)
- Face Value: $0.25
- Coin Highlights:
- The Ozark Riverways silver coin is the third America the Beautiful coin released in 2017
- Final ATB coin designs are chosen by the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury
- Contains 0.999 fine silver
- Weight is 5 troy ounces
- Coin quality is guaranteed by the U.S. Mint
Most buy the America the Beautiful silver coins as an investment in silver bullion. These coins consists of five troy ounces of .999 fine silver, and is minted and guaranteed by the United States government. Additionally, each qualifies to be included in a self-directed precious metals IRA.
Because each design is minted and available from the US Mint for a limited time, these coins are also purchased by coin collectors.