Composed of 1 troy ounce of .999 pure silver, the 1999 Australian Kookaburra is eligible for contribution in your self-directed IRA. Each 1 oz silver coin arrives in brilliant uncirculated condition, housed in a plastic capsule for long-term storage and protection.
Since 1990, the Perth Mint has released an annual edition of the Silver Kookaburra Coin. Each installment features a new design, available in various sizes from one ounce to one kilo.
The reverse of each 1999 1 oz Silver Kookaburra features two of the birds perched on a branch, designed by Sara Langridge. It is inscribed with the words “THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA,” “1 OZ .999 SILVER,” “1999.” The obverse of each coin features Ian Rank-Broadley’s Queen Elizabeth II design, and it is inscribed with its denomination of one dollar.
1999: A Year in History
– The euro was established as the official currency of the eurozone.
– Bill Clinton was acquitted during impeachment proceedings in the US Senate.
– The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above the 10,000 mark for the first time in history.
– Two teenage boys went on a shooting spree at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. Twelve children and one teacher were killed before the boys turned their guns on themselves.
– Eight bodies were found inside barrels in a former bank vault in Snowtown, South Australia. The so-called Snowtown murders were the worst serial killings in Australian history.
– A plane carrying John F. Kennedy, Jr, his wife Carolyn and her sister Lauren Bessette, crashed off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard, killing all three passengers.
About the Perth Mint
The Perth Mint was founded in 1899 after gold was discovered in local Australian deposits. The newly-established mint struck gold and silver sovereigns until Great Britain abandoned the gold standard in 1931.
The mint remained under British ownership until July of 1970, when it ceded to the state government of Western Australia. Today, the Perth Mint produces nearly all of the nation’s legal tender bullion coins in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
Purchase 1999 1 oz Silver Kookaburras from Provident Metals today. Use our secure online ordering system to take advantage of the most timely, affordable shipping on the market.
When the subtotal of your purchase, including applicable discounts, is $199 or more, you receive free shipping for your entire order. In order to receive free shipping on purchases of $199 or more, you must live within the 50 US states. For orders less than $199, a $7.99 shipping fee applies. All products are discreetly packaged and shipped with full insurance included.
Most Provident orders are shipped within one (1) business day of your payment clearing. Payments made via PayPal clear instantly. Bitcoin payments clear instantly once the transaction is confirmed. Credit Card and bank wire payments process within 1 business day. ACH and paper check payments take 3-5 business days. Once payments are processed, products are released to fulfillment for packaging and shipping.
All orders of $199 or more that are eligible for free shipping are, by default, shipped via a carrier of our choice (USPS or UPS). Depending on the contents and size of your purchase, you may be able to upgrade to a specific carrier during checkout.
For those orders of $999.99 or less, there is no need to sign for your package. However, you may select the option to require a signature at delivery if you want. This can be chosen and paid for at checkout. All orders of $1000 or more require a signature to complete delivery.
Provident is only able to ship to addresses in any of the 50 US states. This includes P.O. boxes and APO addresses.
|Metal Content||1 troy oz|