2362.98
23.09
31.87
1.37
1073.9
37.59
1024
29.05
05/27/2024 03:19:08 PM
(800)313-3315
  • logo

Certified Pre-33 Gold Coins

  • Price - Low to High
  • Popularity
  • Recently Added
  • Price - Low to High
  • Price - High to Low
  • Weight Ascending
  • Weight Descending
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Indian Gold Quarter Eagle Coin MS61, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS61, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Indian Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS62, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Indian Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS63 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS62, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS63, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS64, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS63 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Indian Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS64, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Indian Half Eagle Gold Coin MS61, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Indian Half Eagle Gold Coin MS62, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS64, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Indian Eagle Gold Coin MS61, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS65, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Indian Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Liberty Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Indian Half Eagle Gold Coin MS63 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Liberty Eagle Gold Coin MS63, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Indian Eagle Gold Coin MS63, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS66 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Indian Eagle Gold Coin MS64, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin CAC MS61
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS61 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Liberty Gold Eagle Coin MS64 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS63 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS63 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1900 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1924 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Indian Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS64 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS64 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1924 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin NGC MS64
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Indian Half Eagle Gold Coin MS64 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1928 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1904 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1927 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1904 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS63
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1927 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1924 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS65
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $5 Liberty Half Eagle Gold Coin MS66 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin MS66 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Liberty Gold Eagle Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $10 Indian Gold Eagle Coin MS65 PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1878-S $20 Pre-33 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin NGC AU58
    As Low As: $2,775.75
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin MS65, PCGS or NGC
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • 1900 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS63
    As Low As:
    In Stock
  • Pre-33 $2.50 Liberty Quarter Eagle Gold Coin MS61 PCGS or NGC
    Out of Stock
  • Pre-33 $1 Liberty Gold Coin Type 1, MS63 PCGS or NGC
    Out of Stock
  • 1926 $10 Indian Eagle Gold Coin MS62 PCGS or NGC
    Out of Stock
  • Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin CAC MS62
    Out of Stock
  • 1927 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin NGC MS64
    Out of Stock
  • 1924 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64 CMQ Approved
    Out of Stock
  • 1908 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin "No Motto" PCGS MS64 CMQ Approved
    Out of Stock
  • 1928 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64 CMQ Approved
    Out of Stock
  • 1927 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS64 CMQ Approved
    Out of Stock
  • 1904 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin NGC MS64 CMQ Approved
    Out of Stock
  • 1913 Pre-33 $20 Saint Gaudens Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS63
    Out of Stock
  • 1896 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Double Eagle Gold Coin PCGS MS63
    Out of Stock
  • Certified Pre-33 Gold Coins

    Some of the most interesting gold coinage from the US Mint are Pre-33 Gold Coins. Pre-33 Gold Coins encapsulate a number of unique designs and coins that were released before 1933. Pre-33 Gold Coins are valuable due to their significance and history, with certified coins adding extra value. Learn more about what Certified Pre-33 Gold Coins are sold here, at Provident Metals.

    Brief History of Pre-33 Gold Goins

    The US Mint started issuing circulation gold coins in 1794. The first coins struck were in the US Eagle denominations and consisted of the US Eagle ($10 USD), the US Half Eagle ($5 USD), and the US Quarter Eagle ($2.50). In 1849, a US Double Eagle ($20 USD) was introduced as well.

    From 1794 to 1833, The US Mint used 22-karat gold for their gold coinage. This meant that 91.67% of the metal content in these coins was gold. The other 8.33% consisted of copper, or a copper and silver alloy mixture. From 1834 to 1836 the gold content in US Mint coins was reduced to 89.92% gold. In 1837, the decision was made to up the gold content to 90% with the other 10% being copper. This remained the same until 1933.

    Popular Designs

    Pre-33 Gold Coins consist of all US Mint gold coinage from 1794 to 1933. As such, there have been a lot of unique coins and designs throughout that period. Among the most popular options though are the following:

    • Turban Head: The Turban Head design was the first to be used in US Eagles. This design was used from 1795 to 1804. These coins displayed Lady Liberty in right-profile relief wearing a Phrygian cap that looked like a turban. Robert Scot created this design.
    • Capped Bust: Similar to the Turban Head design, these coins were issued from 1808 to 1829 and featured Liberty in left-profile relief.
    • Classic Head: Used from 1834 to 1839, these coins showcased Liberty in left-profile relief with long, flowing hair and a coronet crown.
    • Liberty: The longest-running design featured on US Eagle Gold Coins. This design was used from 1838 to 1907. These coins display Liberty in left-profile relief with a coronet crown, and her hair up in a bun. James B. Longacre was the designer of this image.
    • Indian Head: Two different Indian Head designs were used from 1907 to 1933. The US Eagle coins used the Augustus Saint Gaudens design of a left-profile relief of Lady Liberty donning an Indian feather headdress. Bela Lyon Pratt designed the Indian Head for the US Half Eagle and US Quarter Eagle during this same time. These coins featured a Native American male in a headdress, in left-profile relief.
    • Saint-Gaudens Liberty: This design was first used on the $20 US Double Eagle, more commonly known as the Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle. This popular design, used from 1907 to 1933, showcases a front-facing Liberty as she walks toward the viewer holding a torch and an olive branch. This design is now used for the popular American Eagle Gold Series of gold bullion coinage.

    Grading Terms

    The NGC and the PCGS both use the Sheldon Scale of 1-70 to grade coins. However, the grade is prefaced with a strike type. These include the following:

    • MS: Mint State. Identifies a coin struck in the same format as circulation issues and applies to coins graded between a 60 and a 70.
    • AU: About Uncirculated. These coins are given a grade between a 59 and a 50.
    • XF: Extremely Fine. These coins are graded between a 49 and a 40.
    • VF: Very Fine. These coins are graded between a 39 and a 20.

    Investing in Certified Pre-33 Gold Coins at Provident Metals

    For any inquiries about Pre-33 Gold Coins, give the Provident Metals team a call at 1-800-313-3315. Alternatively, we can be reached via email or through our online chat feature.